About Erasmus ISIC Card
The EU's flagship education programme - enables 200,000 students to study abroad each year. Students from the EU, EEA and Turkey have a straightforward route to spend between three and twelve months studying in an Irish higher education institution as part of their course. We now provide a co-branded student card for Erasmus students.
● 11,319 students and staff across all sectors of education and youth in Ireland benefited from the EU study/work abroad programme in 2019.
● The Report reveals that the Irish participation level passed the 10,000 mark for the first time, an increase of 15% from the 9,645 rate recorded in 2018.
● Of that number, a record 4,448 students and staff (up from 4,160 in 2018, a 7% rise) from the higher education sector undertook study visits, traineeships, teaching and training visits.
● 1,170 of the 4,448 took part in traineeships working for periods in European businesses and places of employment.
● In the same period, a total of 9,895 students and staff came to Ireland for similar activities in 2019.
● The Erasmus+ support was worth €21.09m across all sectors of formal and informal learning in Ireland, an increase of €2.34m (11%) on the 2018 figures.
● The University of Limerick sends the most students on Erasmus+ mobilities. ● France is the most popular destination followed by Spain and Germany.
● 497 students from Ireland engaged in mobilities in the UK.
● Ireland sent students to every Programme Country (EU28 + 5) with the exception of North Macedonia.
● To promote learning mobility of individuals and groups, as well as cooperation, quality, inclusion and equity, excellence, creativity and innovation at the level of organisations and policies in the field of education and training;
● To promote non-formal and informal learning mobility and active participation among young people, as well as cooperation, quality, inclusion, creativity and innovation at the level of organisations and policies in the field of youth;
● To promote learning mobility of sport staff, as well as cooperation, quality, inclusion, creativity and innovation at the level of sport organisations and sport policies.
How to apply? Application via ISIC website on Erasmus dedicated page.
Who can apply for the Erasmus ISIC card? Erasmus programme students
What documents do I need to apply for the Erasmus ISIC card? - Proof of Erasmus programme enrollment - Proof of ID - Photo
● Providing Erasmus students with their first ever made co-branded Erasmus ID.
● Valid in all the countries where the Erasmus programme is available.
● Help to enhance students’ Erasmus experience in Ireland and abroad.
● Discount in transport, food and entertainment. ● Making the most of student discounts to help to reduce living costs expenses.
● Experience Ireland like never before.
● Virtual ID, digital and greener.